Judy Blue Jeans are basically one of the best arrivals to fashion in the last few years. With amazing stretch and recovery (doesn't stretch out after hours of wear) and amazing fit for sizes 0-24W, the only crazy part is figuring out your size!
On each pair, we list the Rise and Inseam for you. If you haven't measured yours lately, check it out for the best fit when ordering online!
We carry largely high rise and some mid rise jeans. Rise for regular and plus sizes is listed in inches for the best fit.
The most common questions we have about sizing confusion comes from not understanding YOUR TRUE STARTING size and also the best denim styles for each body shape. We have you covered!
For reference, a lot of our ladies will order too big of a size initially because they aren't used to VERY form fitting pants with stretch. If you start with a size 20W for example, but those pants from Torrid/Old Navy are shapeless and roomy or even oversized on you, those will NOT be your true size and you'll end up needing to return. A 20 Regular at Old Navy/AE/Gap is like our 18W for reference.
To find your size on each pair always start with your size in the most fitted pair of pants WITH stretch that you can find.
True to size sizing:
Regular sizing 2-16 will generally find their initial size by taking their even size and sizing down one. 16 will wear the 15, 14 the 13, 12 wear the 11 etc.
Note: Size 0-7 without weight in their tummies often size down one more also.
14W through 24W will be true to size in MOST of our pairs though we mention when you could size down. True to size is based on YOUR SIZE in VERY fitted pants :-) If you are used to Regular sizing 16/18/20/22/24 from AE/Gap/Old Navy then you'll likely want to size down 1 for our Plus sizes as they are a true W sizing wide hip friendly women's plus cut. 22 at Old Navy/AE is like our 20W, 20 is like our 18W etc.
Sizing down TWO:
Some pairs will be extra stretchy. Usually that means regular 0-15 sizing can size down one further. And sometimes plus 14w-24w may want to size down also.
Generally speaking, sizing down 2 for regular means a 14 would skip the 13 and wear the 11 and a 12 would skip the 11 and wear a 9. But don't fret, each pair will break it down for you clearly.
Denim by Body Shape
Knowing and EMBRACING your body shape is so important for dressing and feeling confident! It is 1,000% ok to acknowledge that every style will NOT look great on every body shape!
Rectangle & Hour Glass body shapes:
- May find that sizing down 2 odd sizes or 1 plus size is best to keep the curves hugged and have that booty pop fit when pairs have great stretch (each pair has a fit video and written listing).
- Most denim styles will be flattering on these shapes in general.
- How you carry weight in your tummy area will likely determine your FAVORITE jean types.
- Boyfriend and relaxed fit jeans may fit baggy Or fitted depending on your leg composition.
Pear and Apple shapes:
- Often struggle with fit of skinny jeans.
- Many prefer a straight leg. The reason for this is that sizing to accommodate a larger tummy and smaller legs means that skinny jeans can be baggy in the legs and look awkward as they taper in at the ankle. A straight/relaxed leg will look intentional with room.
- If you want to show off some silhouette, slim/relaxed and straight leg will be your bestie!
- Boyfriend jeans will have a straight leg also. If you want to hide a bit of your shape, boyfriend jeans worn with a top long enough to cover your hips will be a great option also.
Check out our jeans HERE.
Denim by Style of Jeans
Check out our jeans HERE.
We are so glad you found us! If we can help with anything at all, please let us know!
XOXO Tara Lynn!